Diversion Programs in California for Armed Forces Veterans

If one is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and was medically diagnosed as suffering from one of several service-related mental health ailments, the person may request alternative sentencing if charged with certain crimes.  While there is Veteran’s Court for certain types of cases, often drug and alcohol-related offenses, alternative sentencing under Penal Code §§ 1001.80 and 1170.91 is different.  To read about these programs, click on the following link.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s