I’m a Victim of Identity Theft – How Can I Fix This Mess?

If one has one’s identity is stolen and there is a conviction for a crime one did not commit, there are ways to straighten this out and have the conviction vacated.  Obviously, it the booking photo does not match with you, that is a good start, but what if the offense never involved defendant going to the police station?  Then a declaration and a Petition for Factual Innocence under Penal Code § 851.8 is what is needed.  To read more about this procedure, click on the following link.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s