What Should I Do to Get My Firearms Back from the Cops?

Before anyone seeks to have police return one’s firearms, it is best to ask one’s attorney if the consequences of the criminal case (or a civil restraining order arising out of the same incident) prevent one from possessing firearms.  If the attorney says that one can regain possession, how does one go about doing so?  Click on the following article for guidance in how to regain possession of one’s firearm or firearms.


I Got “Roofied” – What Can I Do to Defend Myself in Court?

Often, someone will be charged with a crime such as public intoxication, hit and run, DUI based on drugs, or being under the influence of a controlled substance and the potential client will tell us that he or she suspects they were “roofied.”  What does this mean?  How can one prove this happened?  First step, we recommend is that one immediately find a clinic to test one’s urine, as such drugs as Rohypnol, Flunitrazepam and GHB can leave one’s bloodstream quickly.  Then speak to an experienced criminal defense attorney about trying to preserve any video footage that may substantiate this claim.  To read more about this disturbing experience and what you can do, click on the following link.


When and Why Does a Judge Have to Grant a Pitchess Motion?

Whenever our office describes what a Pitchess motion is to a prospective client, the client usually becomes eager to get the officer’s administrative records, as if all we need to do as counsel of record is request the records and the records will be produced.  It is not so easy, as most counsel know.  First and foremost, counsel must show that the material sought is material to the litigation pending.  This can be a tough thing to show if one does not know what is actually in the officer’s file.  Then how does counsel show this?  What specifically should counsel argue may be relevant?  Click on the following link to find out.


What Are the New Rules for Marijuana Businesses in LA?

With the passage of Proposition 64, cities and counties were free to set their own laws to regulate the sale of recreational marijuana to those age 21 and older.  If a city or county did not adopt any procedures, citizens intending to grow (harvest), package, sell, distribute, package and use marijuana are bound by the state standards.  To read about the local regulations in Los Angeles, click o the following link.