Can I Sue Accuser for False Allegations in Criminal Case?

We are frequently asked by our clients, especially when falsely accused of domestic violence or violating a restraining order, if our client can sue (and win) in a civil lawsuit for defamation. Sometimes, the client wants to sue for false imprisonment. The answer depends on the facts of the case and, while the client does not like to be told this, whether the client is willing to risk having the case dismissed and pay the accuser’s attorney fees. In other words, the answer is not a simple yes or no. To read about such a lawsuit, click on the following link.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s