How Can I Get Dirty Cop Records More Than 5 Years Old?

The answer to the rhetorical question posed in the title to this blog post is to request such records under the federal standard under Brady v. Maryland. However, to understand how the federal standard applies, so as to go beyond the California limit of five year stated under Penal Code § 1045(b)(1), one should familiarize oneself with City of Los Angeles v. Superior Court (Brandon)(2002) 29 Cal.4th 4. To read a short review of this case, click on the following link.

National Trial Lawyers Top 100

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s