May a Judge Grant an 851.8 Petition After a Conviction?

If a conviction is ultimately “expunged” under Penal Code § 1203.4, may one then go back to court to request sealing and destruction of the record under a petition for factual innocence, also known as a petition for factual innocence? The answer to this question is no, but the reasoning behind it is worth a deeper look, as it helps one understand 851.8 much better. To read about a summary about the reported decision, please click on the following link.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s