Criminal Consequences for Unpaid Child or Spousal Support?

It may come as quite a surprise to some that if one does not pay court-ordered child support, that person can be sentenced to state prison for a year and a day. Naturally, most people would question how that helps the guilty spouse earn the money to pay the arrearage and how being in custody would help the real victim in the case, the ex-spouse or the children. Nonetheless, the judge does have such power. A failure to pay child support can also support a contempt charge as a criminal case. To read more about the tough laws on this issue, please click on the following link.

America's Top 100 Crim Def Attorney 2018 200 Dpi

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s