Mental Health Diversion After a Final Judgement?

The answer to the question posed in the title to this blog entry is no. Once a judgment is final, one cannot ask the judge to resentence that person to mental health diversion. When is a sentence final? Can one seek mental health diversion while an appeal of the underlying case is pending? What if there is a violation of probation and a suspended sentence is imposed? Does such sentencing “restart” the clock for a final sentence and allow a request for mental health diversion? To read about a recent Fourth Appellate Court ruling on this issue, please click on the following link.


LA Magazine Top Lawyers 2019 (215x300)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s