Does Judge Have Power to Lower PC 12022.53 Gun Enhancement?

No is the answer to the question posed in the title to this log entry. A judge only has the power to strike the sentencing enhancement for use of a firearm in committing a crime, not reduce it, i.e., from ten years to five years. This question, however, was put to the test in the following appellate court ruling, summarized in the following article. To read the article, please click on the following link –

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s