Commutation of a Sentence, Who’s Eligible, How to Do?

We receive phone calls, especially around the holidays, asking us if there is any way to just ask the judge or the prison to basically decide to let someone out early because “he’s already served so much time.” The answer is yes, both from the President for a federal sentence being served in federal prison and the Governor of the State of California for a conviction under California law being served in a county jail or state prison. For a further discussion of how to apply for a commutation from the California Governor, please click on the following link –

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s