What is a Motion for Civil Compromise?

In misdemeanor cases such as vandalism, shoplifting, hit and run and certain others, a defendant can pay the victim for the damages caused in a crime, show the judge proof of the payment and then the judge can dismiss the case.  There is a bit more to it than just this, but the general concept exists.  It is provided for at Penal Code §§ 1377 and 1378.  To learn more about his type of motion, called a Motion for Civil Compromise, click here – http://www.greghillassociates.com/lawyer-attorney-1896073.html.